Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bound for Home

This is my last night in Germany.  It's so hard to believe that I've been here for almost a whole year!  Sorry that I haven't updated about the rest of my trips.  That's going to have to wait until I get home.  I leave Frankfurt airport at 10:35 and arrive at 12:50 in New York.  Then I am on a plane to Arizona Thursday night and arrive around 23:00.  So crazy! 

The past two weeks I have been on vacation.  During the middle of it, Valentina and I went to Italy for 5 days!  She drove (only like 8 hours to Venice!).  We went got in late to Venice Monday night and stayed near there and then saw Venice Tuesday.  Then we went to Florence and stayed at this very cute, romantic place (think she planned it that way) in the winding hills of I believe the Tuscany region.  It was so pretty.  That next day we explored Florence.  I got to see Michelangelo's David.  That was pretty cool.  Besides the woman that kept yelling no photo at everyone.  There was so much to see in Florence, and we didn't get to see it all.  At least she's been there before.  Then we headed to Pisa to so none other but the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  That was a pit stop.  We stayed in a place near Cinque Terra.  Getting to and from Cinque Terra was wild.  It was so hilly and windy.  But oh so worth it.  We went there Thursday and explored those little towns.  There are 5 that make up the national park, but we only made it to 3.  That night we stayed in Milan.  We were going to go explore Milan but the drivers there are psycho.  They clearly have no traffic laws.  So we left and headed back to Germany.  On our way we made a pit stop in Switzerland as well as Liechtenstein.  Yea, that's right, I've been to Liechtenstein.  Now who can tell me where that one's located?  It really was an amazing trip.

I will post pictures eventually.  I still have to upload from Denmark/Sweden and anything after that.  I am so behind.  I just took over 1000 pictures from that week, so I've been putting it off.  So many pictures to go through.  I took more than 1000 pictures on our Italy trip as well. 

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Cannot wait to see you. I hope i'm taller than you now. ;-)

McElprangs said...

I can't believe you go to to go to Europe! I'm so jealous! I hope you had a great time!

Angela said...

A lot has changed - you need to update!!!! :-D